Monday, October 13, 2014

Rainy Weekend

I intended to do some painting this past weekend. I have this wonderful bench I bought from a friend:


But the weather didn't cooperate at all as it rained the entire weekend! I didn't mind really - it was very relaxing - and I was able to decorate for Halloween too.

First up was flipping my double-sided sign over and adding a bow to the top:

Then I redid the entryway table. I added my ceramic pumpkin and crow, along with a clock about to strike midnight, the pumpkin with mice, a flameless candle and crow plate;


Then I started playing with my camera. I learned some really cool techniques this past week:
 Spooky!

 I just moved the camera while firing the shutter and had it on a slow shutter speed. I love how it looks like the light is flowing out of the mouth. :o)


Then I focused on the clock and zoomed while firing the shutter. Can you see the large clock shadow?

I've really enjoyed the photography class - the teacher is so nice and very informative! I am finally feeling comfortable using my camera plus I've learned those fun techniques. :o)

Outside, during a lull in the rain, I got some nice photos.

Acorns on the driveway:

American Beautyberry bushes with their pretty berries:

Had fun photographing the raindrops dripping off:


The lantana is still in full bloom:

More raindrops on these pretty yellow wildflowers:

Loads of mushrooms everywhere - most were white but I found these red ones peeking out:

The surprise lilies heavy from the rain:

And I managed to get a good sunburst picture through the trees:

The dogs loved the pond having water in it again:



Time to head back to the house:

I enjoyed the rain and playing with my camera. It was a relaxing weekend and those are always nice!

Have a wonderful week!
Cecilia

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Cecilia, especially the American Beautyberries! What a vibrant color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa! They are beautiful, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend for you and I love the camera images. Spooky!!!
    That American Beauty Bush is gorgeous and I need to find one of those. I never saw them before this year.
    Is your dog a border collie? It looks like the ones we had when I was a kid growing up. They are excellent cow dogs. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that fun? I never knew I could do that until this class. I may be zooming and moving the cameral a lot. LOL.
      Too bad I can't just dig one up and send it to you - they are all over the place. Wonder if I could save some seeds? I'll try!
      Yes, my dogs are border collies. The first two pictures are of the black and white one, Buddy, and the third picture is of his brother, Herbie, who is brown and white. They are great dogs!
      hugs,
      Cecilia

      Delete
  3. I love the all of your gorgeous photos...and that pumpkin photo is amazing!!! ....I really want to take photography classes...can never seem to find the time....Glad you had a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I took the class! The last one is this week and while I'm sad it's coming to an end, I'll be glad to have those two hours back. I need to finish some paintings to get ready for a pop up gallery in December. At least now I have the chance of taking good reference photos!
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Great photos--I especially love the ones with the drops of water! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments, Cecilia. Have a good week!

      Delete
  5. Great photos, Cecilia--you've encouraged me to spend some more time figuring out more about my camera. I'd love to take a class some time soon--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! I'm so glad I took the class...I want to take one of his workshops. He goes to the Rockies and a place in Oklahoma in the Fall. He keeps the class size small which is nice.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...