Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Art Studio Projects

I've been busy putting the art studio together. As I've moved things, I've worked on some projects to pull the space together.

This was my inspiration fabric:

Love the artist on it:

I added it to my white curtains and made a chair cushion for my sewing chair:

Then I took some containers from IKEA and spray painted them in my colors - green and purple:


They used to be yellow and blue. :o) They hold X-Acto knives, pens and pencils, brushes, and other art supplies:

Loving them! They are sitting above my drafting table.

Next, I took my memo board and updated it with a great fabric I found at Hobby Lobby...it goes with my inspiration fabric in a French theme.



hm, green or purple ribbon?




Went with the green since the buttons were purple
It's hanging on the wall next to my sewing table:

I also found a small drafting table at a thrift store. It wasn't painted so I painted the body of it with my green paint. I have a really cool addition to it, I'll share soon.

I love that I can store new paintbrushes or my reference photos inside:

Things are still a little messy but I'm slowly getting it all put away. Hm, I think it's time to update my stool too!

I still need to make tags for all my baskets and bins.
one of my shelving units...this is the one covered in the green and purple circle fabric on the back
shelf back when it sat in the dining room facing the living room - old chair is covered in the same fabric!

And I'm waiting for my son to finish emptying his closet so I can store supplies in there. As soon as that happens, I'll share a final reveal of my art studio!

I'm so happy to have a spot finally to create:
My mini canvases I painted in chalk paint. Need to paint the small easels too...green and purple of course!
Be sure to check back on Monday as I join the blogland tour. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

:o)
Cecilia

14 comments:

  1. Your creative space is so bright and cheery. I love the colors you have chosen...a couple of my favorites. I look forward to your featured post next Monday. Have a wonderful and creative week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanna! Excited it is coming together...green is my favorite color and I'm loving the purple with it.

      Delete
  2. I love the fabric too Cecilia and I'm lovin' your craft space with all the purple and lime green! What a combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great combo - very cheerful! So glad you like it!
      :o)

      Delete
  3. I just love the green and purple combo! So bright and cheery. Love how all the fabrics coordinate too. Those little easels and canvas are so cute...:) I can't wait for the reveal...and your tour post! Have a wonderful evening.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky! I just fell in love with the French themed purple and green fabric. It was a clearance fabric...wishing I'd bought more of it. Oh well, I've found others to go with it and there's always paint! Have a wonderful evening too.
      :o)
      Cecilia

      Delete
  4. That fabric is just about perfect Cecilia! So 'you'!

    This is shaping up to be a fabulous space, one that I know you will thoroughly enjoy :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doreen, I am all ready enjoying my space. Bought a small folding table so I can lay out projects as I work on them. Just started painting mt stool. Will share soon!

      Delete
  5. Cecilia, I love your Parisian artist fabric :) Your studio is looking good, Girl! Btw, guess what colors I have been accenting in my guest room?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, really? Purple and green? Great minds think alike! :oD have a good weekend!

      Delete
  6. Good Morning Cecilia, I just found your blog and it must have been meant to be, because I too am organizing a new art studio. We just moved into the country to a place with more land but smaller house. So we purchased one of those barn sheds and we have been turning it into my studio. I am so excited, as I can see that you are too, with yours. You are an inspiration and besides that I love seeing where other blogger create. That fabric is wonderful and in your colors, how perfect is that:) I am your newest follower and I would like to cordially invite you over to follow me back. Now I'm going to check out some of your archive posts :)
    Have a great weekend and have fun in your studio.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Connie! So good to have you! I am excited to know you too are creating an art studio. I am happy to follow you back. I am popping over to see what you're doing.
      Thank you for your kind comments. Looking forward to getting to know you.
      Cecilia :o)

      Delete
  7. Great fabric!!!...and I love that you painted those containers to coordinate with your room...such a great idea...love your room....you can certainly see your creativity throughout this space...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I'd bought more of the fabric. I thought I got enough but I keep thinking of things I could use it for. Sadly it was a close out and is all gone now. At least I'm enjoying what I have. :)
      I'm definitely having fun in this space!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...